Rafael Nadal will not play in Beijing and Shanghai this year

Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the Asian swing which includes Beijing( where he is the defending champion) and Shanghai Masters( Runner-up last year).

Rafael Nadal Tweet about his withdrawal from Asian Circuit this year Rafael Nadal Tweet about his withdrawal from Asian Circuit this year Rafael Nadal Tweet about his withdrawal from Asian Circuit this year

Nadal announced he was pulling out of the Asian tour by releasing a statement on Twitter.

“Hello everyone, as you know I had to retire from the party of semi-finals in the US Open and this past Monday I was in Barcelona watching with doctors the situation of my knee,” Nadal wrote.


“While the annoyances on my knee are nothing new, we have decided together with my medical and technical team not to participate in the Asian tour to recover the knee the way we have always done.


“I’m sorry I can't be with all the fans in China who are so many and with the organizers of the Beijing and Shanghai tournaments that have always had all the attention with me and my team.”






Rafael Nadal absence means that he will lose 500 points which he earned by winning the Beijing title and 600 points which he earned by reaching the finals of the Shanghai Rolex Masters in last year.

 

Advantage Federer, Djokovic


Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic are 2nd and 3rd in the ATP ranking with 6900 points and  6445 points respectively. If Novak reaches the finals of both the tournament, it will be an advantage for Novak Djokovic  for the

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The All New Babolat Pure Aero 2019 for Rafael Nadal

Roger Federer - "Serena went too far"

Rafael Nadal to play an Exhibition match against Djokovic in SaudiArabia